The MACARD RE1200 Extender Setup effortlessly enhances your network coverage, ensuring seamless connectivity. With dual-band support, it optimises performance for various devices. Simple installation instructions streamline the setup process, providing a reliable solution to extend your WiFi range. Experience improved signal strength and eliminate dead zones, enhancing your overall wireless experience. The MACARD RE1200 empowers you to enjoy a robust and extended network connection throughout your home or office.
MACARD RE1200 Extender Setup via WPS Method:
- Plug in the MACARD RE1200: Choose a location within range of your router and plug the extender into a power outlet.
- Wait for the LED indicator: Once the LED turns solid, the extender is ready for setup.
- Press the WPS button on your router: Locate the WPS button on your router and press it for a few seconds.
- Press the WPS button on the extender: Within two minutes, press the WPS button on the extender.
- Wait for the LED to turn blue: When the LED on the extender turns solid blue, the setup is complete.
MACARD RE1200 Extender Setup via Web-Based Method:
- Connect to the Extender’s Network:On your computer or mobile device, look for and connect to the WiFi network mentioned on the extender.
- Open a Web Browser:Launch any web browser and type the default IP address, 192.168.10.1, into the address bar.
- Log in to the Extender’s Interface:Use the default username and password, both set as “admin” by default.
- Select Your WiFi Network:Pick your existing WiFi network from the list that appears.
- Enter Your WiFi Password:Input the password for your existing WiFi network.
By following these steps, you’re setting up your extender to work with your WiFi network.
Login to your MACARD RE1200 Extender Setup
To access the MACARD RE1200 Extender Setup settings options, you can log in to its web interface. Here’s how:
- Connect to the RE1200’s WiFi network (either the default network or your customised one).
- Open a web browser and type “192.168.10.1” in the address bar.
- Enter the username and password (both are “admin”).
- Click “Login.”
Set Up as an Access Point
The MACARD RE1200 Extender Setup as an access point, allowing you to create a new WiFi network from a wired internet connection. Here’s how:
- Connect to the RE1200’s web interface.
- Go to the Wireless Settings tab.
- Select Access Point Mode from the Mode dropdown menu.
- Enter a Network Name (SSID) for your new network.
- Choose a Security Mode and enter a Password.
- Click Save.
MACARD RE1200 Extender firmware update
- Connect to Extender:Connect your computer or device to the MACARD RE1200 Extender using Wi-Fi or an Ethernet cable.
- Open Browser:Open a web browser like Chrome or Firefox on your connected device.
- Enter IP Address:Type the extender’s IP address into the browser’s address bar. You can find this in the extender’s manual or on the MACARD website.
- Login:Log in to the extender’s settings using the provided username and password.
- Download and Upload:Download the latest firmware from MACARD’s official website. In the Firmware Update section, upload the downloaded file to the extender.
- Wait for Update:Let the extender update. This may take a few minutes, and the extender might restart during the process.
- Check Firmware Version:Log in again and confirm that the firmware version is now updated to the latest one.
MACARD RE1200 Extender reset process
To reset your MACARD RE1200 extender, follow these steps:
- Find the reset button on the extender; it’s usually a small pinhole.
- Use a paperclip or something similar to press and hold the reset button for 10-15 seconds.
- Let go of the reset button when you see the extender’s LEDs flashing or when the device restarts.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q Can I use the MACARD RE1200 with any router?
Absolutely! The MACARD RE1200 is designed to be compatible with a wide range of routers, ensuring versatility and ease of use.
Q What should I do if the WPS setup fails?
If WPS doesn’t cut it, the web-based method is your failsafe. Follow the steps outlined above for a foolproof setup.
Q How often should I update the firmware?
Regular updates are recommended to stay ahead of potential security threats and enjoy the latest features. Aim for quarterly checks.
Q Can I use the MACARD RE1200 as a wired access point?
Yes, the extender supports wired connections, providing flexibility in how you extend your network.
Q Is it possible to relocate the extender once set up?
Certainly! Experiment with different locations to find the sweet spot for optimal coverage.