In our modern era dominated by technology, a robust and dependable Wi-Fi connection has shifted from a luxury to an absolute necessity. Despite this, signal strength can dwindle as you move away from your router, resulting in dead zones and frustrating connectivity challenges. Meet the D-Link DAP-1320 Wi-Fi range extender—a faithful ally crafted to broaden your Wi-Fi coverage and obliterate those irritating dead spots. Easily initiate the D Link dap 1320 Extender Setup using the specified keyword, ensuring a seamless and effective Wi-Fi enhancement .
D Link dap 1320 Extender Setup Via WPS method
- Position and Power Up: Place the D Link DAP 1320 within range of your existing Wi-Fi network and plug it into a power outlet. Wait for the LED light to turn solid green.
- Initiate WPS Connection: Locate the WPS button on both your router and the DAP-1320. Press and hold the WPS button on your router for a few seconds until its LED light starts blinking.
- Establish Link: Within two minutes, press and hold the WPS button on the DAP-1320 until its LED light starts blinking. The LED light should turn solid green once the connection is established.
D Link dap 1320 Extender Web-Based Setup
- Connect your Wi-Fi-enabled device to the D-Link DAP-1320 network, finding the network name (SSID) and password on the device label or Wi-Fi Configuration Card.
- Open a web browser and type either 192.168.10.1 or dlinkap.local into the address bar to access the web interface.
- Launch the Wi-Fi Connection Setup Wizard by clicking “Setup Wizard” when prompted.
- Opt for the easiest route by selecting “Manual configuration” and clicking “Next.”
- From the provided list, select the wireless network you wish to extend.
- Input the password for the chosen wireless network.
- Craft your extended Wi-Fi network by assigning a unique name (SSID) and password, ensuring it differs from your primary network.
- Before finalising, thoroughly review the entered settings, and with confidence, click “Save” to preserve your configurations.
Additional Configuration Options
Logging In to the Extender:
For a hassle-free entry into the extender’s digital realm, just breeze through these straightforward steps for D Link dap 1320 Extender Setup:
- Establish Connection to Extender – Simply use a Wi-Fi-enabled device to link up with the extended Wi-Fi network.
- Launch Web Browser – Fire up your favourite web browser and type in either “dlinkap.local” or “192.168.0.50” in the address bar.
- Input Default Password – Unlock the gateway by entering the default password, a modest “admin.”
Resetting the D Link dap 1320 Extender :
If the necessity arises to restore the extender to its original factory settings, simply follow these steps:
- Find the Reset Button – Identify the reset button on the DAP-1320.
- Press and Hold the Reset Button – Hold down the reset button for about 10 seconds until the LED light becomes a steady solid red.
- Await Restart – Allow the extender a moment to restart, and it will revert to its factory default settings.
D Link dap 1320 Extender Firmware Updating:
Ensuring your extender is armed with the latest security features and performance enhancements is paramount. To effortlessly bring your firmware up to speed, follow these straightforward steps:
- Secure the Latest Firmware – Retrieve the most recent firmware tailored for your DAP-1320 model directly from the official D-Link website.
- Access the Extender Interface – Effortlessly log in to the extender’s web-based interface, as previously elucidated.
- Navigate to Firmware Upgrade – Head over to the “Tools” tab and opt for the “Firmware Upgrade” feature.
- Locate the Firmware File – A simple click on the “Browse” button empowers you to effortlessly select the downloaded firmware file.
- Initiate the Upgrade – Propel the firmware upgrade process into action by clicking “Upload.”
- Wait for Completion: The extender will restart and apply the updated firmware.
D Link dap 1320 Extender Access Point Mode:
If you intend to utilise the DAP-1320 as an access point, simply adhere to the following steps:
- Access Extender Interface – Log in to the extender’s web-based interface, following the previously provided instructions.
- Navigate to Operation Mode – Head to the “Advanced” tab and opt for “Operation Mode.”
- Select Access Point Mode – From the drop-down menu, select “Access Point.”
- Configure Access Point Settings – Specify the network name (SSID), password, and security mode for your access point.
- Save Settings – Apply the configured settings by clicking the “Save” button.
Q Can I Use the Extender with Any Router?
A .Yes, the DAP 1320 is compatible with most routers, providing flexibility for users.
Q What Should I Do If the WPS Setup Fails?
A. If WPS setup fails, ensure your router supports WPS, and try the web-based setup method as an alternative.
Q Is It Possible to Update the Firmware Manually?
A.Absolutely. Visit the D-Link website, locate your extender’s model, and download the latest firmware. Follow the instructions for manual installation.
Q How Do I Log In If I Forgot My Credentials?
A.Perform a factory reset, and use the default credentials. Remember to update your login information afterward.
Q Can I Use Multiple D-Link DAP 1320 Extenders in One Network?
A.Yes, you can use multiple extenders to cover larger areas. Follow the same setup steps for each extender.