Discover the reasons behind Not Connecting To Internet issue and explore effective solutions to resolve the problem. This comprehensive guide addresses potential obstacles and provides actionable steps to ensure your Wavlink extender establishes a reliable connection to the internet.
Reasons Your Extender Not Connecting To Internet
Your Wavlink extender Not Connecting To Internet issue can be attributed to a multitude of factors. Examine each of the following reasons.
- The internet connection is not functioning as it should.
- The extender device is out of range, as is the router.
- not able to access the primary router’s WiFi signals.
- The Wavlink extender’s power plug is not always perfectly seated.
- The orange LED is not visible on the Wavlink extender.
Ways To Address All Not Connecting To Internet issue
Learn how to solve typical problems that could prevent your system from working properly. In order to ensure that your devices and apps operate smoothly and optimally, this comprehensive guide offers doable solutions for a number of common issues.
Verify Modem And Router Status:
To begin with, there is just one thing you have to do, which is to see how the modem and router are doing. If you’re not sure how to check the status of your modem and router, follow the instructions below.
- The mobile phone should first be connected to the Wavlink extender network.
- Currently, launch Chrome and type 192.168.10.1 into the URL bar.
- Next, enter all necessary router and modem information.
- Finally, select the cable connection option to view the status of your modem and router.
Verify All The Cable Connection
To connect an extender device to a router, a wired connection is essential. We advise you to examine all wired connections and make sure the cables are tightened if you are experiencing problems with your Wavlink extender not connecting to the internet. In any event, replace any damaged cables right away with new ones.
Enhance The Wavlink Extender Software
Try this method procedure if the mentioned suggestions are unable to resolve the Wavlink extender not working issue.
- First, type wifi.wavlink.com into the URL bar to access the Wavlink extender web management page.
- Next, select a software upgrade by clicking on an administration option that you found.
- Install the software on your laptop and computer if you see any updates available.
- Additionally, you will need to restart the Wavlink WiFi range extender device in order to install the file.
Distance Between Wavlink Extender And Router
- If you want to fix an internet connection problem, you must realize that the extender and router must be connected. Set them up within a 10- to 15 foot radius of one another.
- This is a result of the extender’s ability to receive and extend signals from the router.
- Because of this, you can also check the extender’s location and range and move them closer to one another if you are not having any problems with your internet.
Look Extender Placement
- Ensure that your extender is not placed next to any electrical or metal appliances. All of the WiFi signals coming from the router and extender are absorbed by it. To take advantage of the fast internet speed, it is best to locate your home or office halfway or in the center.
- Your internet connection will drop when the WiFi signals from the extender are interfered with by the metal or electronics. Thus, ensure that your Wavlink extender is placed close to the router but far from these objects.
Power Cycle Your Wavlink Range Extender
You will need to power cycle your extender if none of the aforementioned solutions work for you to resolve the issue of not being able to connect to the internet.
- Turn off your Wavlink extender first.
- Subsequently, remove the Wavlink extender’s power plug from the outlet.
- After a minute, turn on the Wavlink extender device by turning on its back.
- Lastly, replace the Wavlink extender’s power plug in the wall socket.
Reset Your Wavlink Extender
Not Connecting To Internet issue? Try to reset, follow the given steps:
Easy Steps To Perform An Extension Soft Reset
- The Wavlink extender unit has a reset button on the back.
- Now use a paperclip to push that button.
- All of the Wavlink extender LEDs will turn off after pushing.
- Your extender device has now been fully reset, as specified.
Note: You will have to go through the Wavlink extender setup procedure once more following the reset.
So, the problem of the Not Connecting To Internet issue has been fixed with the aid of this page. Ping our Wavlink technical support team for assistance if the problem is still not resolved.
Q: Are there any security measures to implement for Wavlink Extender?
A: Absolutely. Secure your extended network with password protection and explore additional security features provided by Wavlink.
Q: What advanced configurations can enhance my extender’s performance?
A: Explore MAC filtering and channel selection for advanced configurations that tailor your network to your specific needs.
Q: How frequently should I update my Wavlink Extender’s firmware?
A: Regular updates are advisable. Check for firmware updates quarterly to ensure your extender functions at its best.